Sunday, January 15, 2012

Goals for this class

If one were to create goals for his or her life, those little milestones would act as a temporary finishing lines and pick-me-ups for times work seemed unbearable and the world seemed against what one wanted.

Having said that, ultimately my goal is to leave the class with a grade to be proud of. But more than that, my goal first and foremost is to learn to not be frustrated with the coding when it doesn't work how I want it to. I already view the process of creating webpages fun, like a puzzle game to crack down upon and figure out. So of course the one thing I don't want to happen, would be to view something enjoyable as something to loathe.

Another bit of hope, would be that my luck with computers play nice. Thankfully it hasn't been bad recently, but there are some accounts where a computer I work on suddenly have problems with it. Blue screens, freezings, even crashing a whole classroom of computers I believe has happened before. Is it no wonder I wish for these computers to be safe if I was in the midst of a complex string of formatting?

As for any fears of nervousness of the internet itself, at this stage of the class I do not see anything such as that. I live in the generation which uses the internet often, if not excessive to the point of obsession. So, I suspect that is why I don't see the internet as some horrid boogeyman lurking in the unknown. And to be truthful, it's not the internet that needs to be feared. It's the people who use the internet that may be fearful...

No comments:

Post a Comment